Wednesday 29 April 2009

One of those weeks

Well I've got to the middle of it in one piece. A long day on Monday with a Parent Feedback Day at the Civic Centre, following which I have hastily put together a bid for funding. Getting frustrated that frontline work is getting pushed to one side in order to help the local authority meet their obligations.

Other highlights so far: a third meeting with someone to tell them the same thing all over again - they finally got it; an on-off meeting that was finally on - at 8pm I'm not at my best; a trip to Tesco after the 8pm meeting; a seven year-old who really thinks he should be in Cubs now and not boring old Beavers; booking tickets for Hannah Montana with my five-year-old and her overflowing anticipation; getting soaked and frozen in the rain on Tuesday - I do love those silver sandals; a minuscule ham and tomato sandwich in the pub at the top of Church Street, a picnic lunch with my DH by the river today watching the black swan; and, someone telling me that PiT was a part of their family (aww).